The linden tree at the west side of the deck is in bloom. I was looking
at it yesterday, thinking that I once again was too late, because all
the blossoms had little seed-looking pebbles. But today they turned out
to be blossoms that opened almost with a bang - well, many of them did.
I read on the web that one harvests those blossoms for tea and liqueur and even jelly shortly after they break open. The best time to harvest is in the afternoon. And this year, I am at long last 'on location' at the right time. The harvest will be dried in the sun and then crumbled for tea and I will read up a little more about the making of the liqueur and then decide if that is something to have, or avoid. Do not expect to be served any when you come, because like Lulu's rum-topf, it has to ripen over a period of perhaps six months.
Today, I gathered the first hand full of blossoms, but it is slow picking because so many of the buds are still closed.perhaps tomorrow afternoon, or Sunday?
Read up on what linden blossom tea is good for and then be prepared to call on Doctor Opa for your remedy come winter with its coughing and sore throat and cold, or for your stress headaches, or almost whatever ails you.
All responsibilities for any undesirable side effects etc. etc.
With love to all, Isa
I read on the web that one harvests those blossoms for tea and liqueur and even jelly shortly after they break open. The best time to harvest is in the afternoon. And this year, I am at long last 'on location' at the right time. The harvest will be dried in the sun and then crumbled for tea and I will read up a little more about the making of the liqueur and then decide if that is something to have, or avoid. Do not expect to be served any when you come, because like Lulu's rum-topf, it has to ripen over a period of perhaps six months.
Today, I gathered the first hand full of blossoms, but it is slow picking because so many of the buds are still closed.perhaps tomorrow afternoon, or Sunday?
Read up on what linden blossom tea is good for and then be prepared to call on Doctor Opa for your remedy come winter with its coughing and sore throat and cold, or for your stress headaches, or almost whatever ails you.
All responsibilities for any undesirable side effects etc. etc.
With love to all, Isa
No comments:
Post a Comment