For breakfast I had eggs and bacon, pan fried tomatoes and toast. The
calories lasted me all day. In the late afternoon, I went to Greenville
to the Home Depot for some more hardware for the mast raising rig. That
boat will sink if it ever gets into the water :-)
The breakfast, however, lasted me all day until I came out of Home Depot and perceived my last chance for a quick dinner. Big Y across the street sold Celeste Supreme Pizza, single servings, five packages for five bucks. I bought.
I had one of those pizzas with Paisano and wished for more. 330 calories, not counting the antioxidants of the wine, was just not enough. But I was tough! I sat out on the deck and let the cooling evening breezes envelop me sensuously and read Emma.
There was suddenly a loud crash. Out of the corner of my eye I had sen some light blinking, but it was the thunder that tore me out of poor Emma's confused sentiments. I watched the clear blue sky overhead and saw not a cloud. Then I saw the tongue of vapor crossing the edge of the roof to the west. It advanced, and while resting over the horizon at Chips' house, it slowly developed a black belly and I suddenly saw a lightning like I fiery tongue licking out of the cloud towards earth.
I counted, it took about five seconds for the sound to reach me. That means, since sound travels at about 340 meters per second, that lightning struck under two kilometers away from here. Precariously close over Wilmington.
I went inside because I expected the storm to suddenly break overhead and I did not want my iPad to get wet; nor the pillow on my chair as I would rush and stumble to rescue everything.
I went inside and still felt 'hungry'. I poured the last of the 'rethink your pretzels' into a basket and got the Brie out of the refrigerator and another glass of Paisano and set to work while continuing to follow the life of Emma.
Can you imagine opening a tightly wrapped Brie fresh out of the refrigerator and within minutes, literally!, it starts running all over the cheese board? I never in my short life experienced anything like it and the only explanation I can give is that, when I originally brought it home, I left it out on the counter, wrapped up in its original wrappings, and when I finally put it in the refrigerator it felt like heavy cream; very heavy cream, with a crust. Oh, it was so ripe, so very good. Emma got pushed aside. Even the Paisano was forgotten.
But that heat inside the house in anticipation of that storm to hit . . . I'm back on the couch under the ceiling fan. The only pace where one can experience wind 'chill'.
The storm has not hit yet. I suppose it never will; not this one. I just felt like chatting with you guys.
Good night, all. Love, Isa
The breakfast, however, lasted me all day until I came out of Home Depot and perceived my last chance for a quick dinner. Big Y across the street sold Celeste Supreme Pizza, single servings, five packages for five bucks. I bought.
I had one of those pizzas with Paisano and wished for more. 330 calories, not counting the antioxidants of the wine, was just not enough. But I was tough! I sat out on the deck and let the cooling evening breezes envelop me sensuously and read Emma.
There was suddenly a loud crash. Out of the corner of my eye I had sen some light blinking, but it was the thunder that tore me out of poor Emma's confused sentiments. I watched the clear blue sky overhead and saw not a cloud. Then I saw the tongue of vapor crossing the edge of the roof to the west. It advanced, and while resting over the horizon at Chips' house, it slowly developed a black belly and I suddenly saw a lightning like I fiery tongue licking out of the cloud towards earth.
I counted, it took about five seconds for the sound to reach me. That means, since sound travels at about 340 meters per second, that lightning struck under two kilometers away from here. Precariously close over Wilmington.
I went inside because I expected the storm to suddenly break overhead and I did not want my iPad to get wet; nor the pillow on my chair as I would rush and stumble to rescue everything.
I went inside and still felt 'hungry'. I poured the last of the 'rethink your pretzels' into a basket and got the Brie out of the refrigerator and another glass of Paisano and set to work while continuing to follow the life of Emma.
Can you imagine opening a tightly wrapped Brie fresh out of the refrigerator and within minutes, literally!, it starts running all over the cheese board? I never in my short life experienced anything like it and the only explanation I can give is that, when I originally brought it home, I left it out on the counter, wrapped up in its original wrappings, and when I finally put it in the refrigerator it felt like heavy cream; very heavy cream, with a crust. Oh, it was so ripe, so very good. Emma got pushed aside. Even the Paisano was forgotten.
But that heat inside the house in anticipation of that storm to hit . . . I'm back on the couch under the ceiling fan. The only pace where one can experience wind 'chill'.
The storm has not hit yet. I suppose it never will; not this one. I just felt like chatting with you guys.
Good night, all. Love, Isa
No comments:
Post a Comment