Friday, July 5, 2013

Linden Leaf and Flower Profile

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/linden.php

Try this for size. I did not send this to the boys because I don't think they have time to bother. But for you, the section enumerating the constituents might be interesting. After reading this, who wants to try that tea? In the liqueur at least one gets the disinfectant qualities of the vodka :-)

I did a search under the search word 'lindenblüten" and found much more direct information from German speaking sites than in the English sites. For instance, the Wikipedia states that there is much folk knowledge (do not read 'old wives' tales) and proof about the positive healing properties of linden blossoms, but that there is no formal scientific research published. I suppose the pharmaceutical industry would suppress that kind of endeavor by simply not funding it. I remember we had linden blossom tea just as soon as there was a sign of a cold. It must have helped, because Mims always had it handy, or got it immediately when it was needed for us. That was way, way back when. I also found a statement that it is most effective on young and old people. You gals would still, but not yet benefit from it :-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment