Saturday, August 2, 2014

I Love That Alison Krauss Radio

I love that Alison Krauss Radio. Not all the play list is her own, of course. But more or less, all the music played there is of the languid, soft, alluring style that I first became aware of in the movie - what was the title? Three convicts who escape from a chain gang being detailed to road work . . . There was that scene at the river with the allusion to the Greek mythology - Odysseus and his crew being lured by the Sirens. What was the title?

I found it: Oh brother, where art thou? Great movie, would watch it again many times over.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have Alison Krass radio on my Pandora account. I'll go add it now! I, too, remember that haunting singing when they "went down to the river to pray..."

    I think you would enjoy William Ackerman radio, too, if you don't have that. Lovely instrumental guitar offerings... it will remind you of iivo!

    ReplyDelete