Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Beauty of the Early Morning

In the meantime, the sun went hiding behind deep hanging clouds and the beauty of the early morning is just a memory.
 
No, I have not had her on the water yet. Although there is much talk the one man can 'easily' step the mast of such a boat, it is way outside my competence. This thing is heavy, and if you imagine that one has to balance such a pole of 25 feet upright and then kneel down to put a bolt through the foot to hold it in position, you can easily understand that I won't attempt it. The previous owner has constructed a set-up frame for it and we used it for the trial at the owner's home, but even that is so impractical a design for one person that I will not try it a second time. Instead, I am building my own, and it turns out that my design is exactly what is commercially available and is demonstrated in numerous You-tube strips. I tried to find one fitting for this boat, but was unsuccessful, so I'm building my own. Parts are on order, and shipping time is long. Before I rigged her completely and alone in the driveway, I will not take her anywhere.
 
In the meantime, just the excitement of having this boat available to me is great and the memory of the many years of longing for it makes it even greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment