I hope you all had a wonderful day! All things on my schedule are done,
except the tractor or the weed whacker have to yet received their
deserved oil changes. Ehem - looking for that indoor/outdoor
thermometer/humidity meter, I had to settle on a full weather center.
This one is a gadget which has the capability to report all of the above
in real time and to keep records to play back some history including
the maxima recorded during the past - the past beginning at the time of
the installation of the batteries to activate this little electronic
wonder. It also measures wind speed, but for the direction you need to
look over to the barn roof and consult the rooster. It keeps up with the
moon phases and the ups and downs of barometric pressure and estimates
the chances of which of the weather modes will be on us in the near
future - e.g. a rapid drop of the barometer used to warn seamen of an
approaching storm, so this gadget now does the same thing, including the
consideration of relative humidity and short term changes of
temperature and in time will come up with warnings of rain, perhaps, or
rain mixed with snow, or just snow - god forbid! I'm outta here!
However, it can make these predictions with relative certainty only
after a period of learning, said to be 14 days long, starting with the
initial installation of the batteries. It also has an LCD display, about
half the size of the screen of an iPad, and one is tempted to sit and
'watch what's happening', but I found out that the action is not even
approaching that which is visible through the window of a front-load
washer or drier.
Anyway. The gadget deserves the heading "time will tell". I set this thing up on the deck and to be able to do this I got dressed for the heat out there, but then I learned from the gizmo that the temperature was only 71 degrees, which is not worth shedding a single drop of sweat about. I went inside to prepare my dinner and now sit at the table talking to you. The temperature now is 67 outside, with wind speeds of 4 mph at this instant, gusts to 10 mph, and an overall average of 2 mph. The dew point is 49 degrees and I now can determine whether I should feel comfortable, or take a break to put on something a bit warmer. Done!
I had a cod filet for dinner, baked in apple wood smoke on the grill and dressed up on a bed and under cover of sautéed onion, sour cream, Parmesan, basil leaves (chopped and dried), salt and pepper, and mixed wild rice. Since fish must swim, I opened a bottle of my all time favorite Gérard Bertrand Viognier 2011. Life is good! Tomorrow I will have some large shrimp, grilled, with grilled veggies and a red-leaf salad, dressed with Greek olive oil and Modena balsamic vinegar.
So, these are the news from 'up north' which I did not want to publish on FB. Perhaps some other time I think differently.
The flowers are from Lulu's plantings. The bush on the left of the garages consists of two bushes, it looks like. One is this beautiful red and the other is white. But the white is a bit behind the red, so you'll see some of it later, I think.
Day after tomorrow is Riina's birthday, so says my calendar.
Love, Isa
Anyway. The gadget deserves the heading "time will tell". I set this thing up on the deck and to be able to do this I got dressed for the heat out there, but then I learned from the gizmo that the temperature was only 71 degrees, which is not worth shedding a single drop of sweat about. I went inside to prepare my dinner and now sit at the table talking to you. The temperature now is 67 outside, with wind speeds of 4 mph at this instant, gusts to 10 mph, and an overall average of 2 mph. The dew point is 49 degrees and I now can determine whether I should feel comfortable, or take a break to put on something a bit warmer. Done!
I had a cod filet for dinner, baked in apple wood smoke on the grill and dressed up on a bed and under cover of sautéed onion, sour cream, Parmesan, basil leaves (chopped and dried), salt and pepper, and mixed wild rice. Since fish must swim, I opened a bottle of my all time favorite Gérard Bertrand Viognier 2011. Life is good! Tomorrow I will have some large shrimp, grilled, with grilled veggies and a red-leaf salad, dressed with Greek olive oil and Modena balsamic vinegar.
So, these are the news from 'up north' which I did not want to publish on FB. Perhaps some other time I think differently.
The flowers are from Lulu's plantings. The bush on the left of the garages consists of two bushes, it looks like. One is this beautiful red and the other is white. But the white is a bit behind the red, so you'll see some of it later, I think.
Day after tomorrow is Riina's birthday, so says my calendar.
Love, Isa

No comments:
Post a Comment