It was served at 1 PM today because I got up a 4:30 in obeisance of Iivo's instructions to experiment with the sleep pattern. I had my raw bits for breakfast at 5:30 and the wait for something substantial got to be very long. Changing the sleep pattern naturally affects the eating pattern. Passing the time with voting on two Swiss reverendi and going to town for medication and mower gas, I also made the shown desert: Miss Ellen's bran muffins. Same recipe I sent you, Olivia. Did you ever make them? How did they turn out? These that come out of my oven are not half bad. There is something funnily chewy with their texture. I had one for desert and later on we'll have afternoon tea with fresh bran muffins. We? ernie is not really part of this. Next: muffins that were made with the dough having rested in the refrigerator. Additional experiments: muffins made with dough having gone through progressively longer resting periods. The recipe yields enough dough to keep me going for the six weeks Miss Ellen says the dough can be kept refrigerated. Perhaps you'll hear more about that as things develop. Love, Opa
**********************************************************************************
Friday, May 17, 2013, at 8:15 AM
Opa,
Those muffins look so good! I have not had
the chance to make that particular recipe yet; I have not been to the
grocery store to pick up the necessary ingredients. I hope to soon,
though.
*********************************************************************************
Friday, May 17, 2013, at 8:10 PM
Olivia,
I had, of course, much dough left over and as
Miss Ellen had promised that it would keep for some weeks, I put it in
the refrigerator. Yesterday, in a store I came across a set of those
newfangled muffin cups, they are made of plastic and promise that you
can just pop your muffins out and clean-up will be easy. I took those
things home and tried them this morning - fresh muffins for breakfast,
with sweet whipped butter, mmmmh. And there is still dough left over in
the fridge! It is soon one week old and none the worse for age. And I am
sure one can make variations: the fresh berries are showing up in the
stores. How about red raspberry muffins? Never had any before, but
instead of putting jam on the muffin, how about putting fresh fruit in?
Those
plastic cups, by the way. Make things easy: Four muffins, or even two,
just a many cups in the sink for quick clean-up instead of handling a
whole sheet with twelve cups. Grrrreat!
Your school year is going to be over soon? What are your plans for the summer?
Love, Opa
********************************************************************************
Sunday, May 19, 2013, at 12:38 PM
Dear Opa,
Those muffin cups you
were talking about: They sound like such a good idea! My least favorite
part of making muffins is cleaning up the muffin tins afterwards.
I think putting berries in the muffins sounds marvelous. When it
starts getting warmer you could also put some fresh blue berries in them
from down by the pond or even black currants! May want to sprinkle a
little sugar on the top of the currant muffins, though. ;)
Yes, school is almost over; I have one week left of co-op. Exams are on Tuesday and the last day is Thursday.
I'm a little nervous for my exams but I'm sure I'll be able to manage
them. I will have a bit of school to do over the summer but not as
heavy of a work load.
Hope to hear back from you soon!
Love, Olivia
No comments:
Post a Comment