For Father's Day, Brenda and Chip invited me for a BBQ dinner on Saturday and we celebrated then. Their daughter came with husband and two teens, and also Brenda's father and Mother, both older than I. He, Pete Adams, suffered a stroke some one and a half years ago, is continuing therapy and just got a warning from the Government that his benefits were about to be ended! He can get around on a walker but his left hand is practically useless.
Anyway, we had a good time and on Sunday celebrations continued at church. The Women's Aid had baked a bunch of cookies and each father present got a little bag. Like an obedient son I had mine after dinner with a glass of milk.
Chip came over on Friday and brought me a humongous trout he had caught down by the power station. It weighed over three pounds. I butterflied it yesterday and quick-broiled it and served it with a lemon-dill-browned butter sauce, Asian stir fried veggies and, of course gave it some Chardonnay to swim in. I'm still 'full of it'. After the head and bones were out, it did not weigh three pounds anymore.
Oh, by the way: I revived the kefir grains which I had put into hibernation in ice sometime last week, I think, and they came back OK. It took them 36 hours for their doing the job they used to do in 24, but they did it! Now on to making cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment