Thursday, June 18, 2015

A Lot of Estate but Not Much Real

My daughter-in-law is often sending me pictures and advertisements for real estate opportunities near them that she thinks I might like. 

She is putting me in front of torturous choices! How can I decide? 

The Parkside - how wonderful to have just a short walk through the park to dinner in lovely company!
The Lynnhaven Drive - how convenient; just a short stroll through shaded neighborhood streets to Chick's Oyster House! The water? I checked that out, just as the side channel opens into the main channel, there is a shallow area! My 40-footer will never make it through there. Also, just look at the boats in the neighborhood: all little, noisy stinkers. 

No, at six hundred grand, I expect my own private beach, nice surf dashing at my own breakwater, and my boat safe in my private harbor in at least ten feet of water at low tide. There should also be ample detached accommodation on the property for my household crew and my captain with his hands comfortably housed. I do not wish to run into a situation where I want to use my boat and the crew must first be assembled from around the world . . .

Sorry about that. As you can see, my views of real estate have a lot of estate but not much real! 😉

Jason cut the rest of the pasture this morning and while I was mowing the grass around the house - it takes about two and a half to three hours to do the whole thing without weed whacking along the borders - the sun dried the grass enough so I saw Jason come back with the rake and I had time for a nice long shower and getting dressed before he came back with the machine that chops the semi dry grass for silage. By now, he already hauled three wagon loads of feed to the barn and is about to finish the fourth. I want to be here when the lights go out! 

How could I exchange this for the thrills of big city life? I've been thinking of staying here this coming winter.

Pipe dreams, I know. But still...

No comments:

Post a Comment