Saturday, May 17, 2014

Biscuits Made With Lard

I wanted to go for a little walk this morning. Day before yesterday I went and it was 84 degrees and humid when I started out and almost 90 when I finished. And was I finished! This morning, it was 52 at the front door! I think I bide my time and make me my breakfast first; then, when nature made up her mind about what to offer us today, I go for a walk. Oh, what blessed liberties!

In a local food store I came across small packages of lard, about the size of four sticks of butter. Curiosity overcame me and I searched the web for Cooking with Lard. I was surprised by the things I found. I went back to that store to get one of those little packs and this morning, for the second time, I will have biscuits made with lard, not Crisco. Mmmmh!

Lard biscuits! Do you want me to bring you a pack of that lard? The package sais 'needs no refrigeration', but lard has a very low melting point . . . . This is an Armour product, the meat packer I got my world famous ribeye steaks from, in the White Rock years.

No comments:

Post a Comment