Our Laurie took the time to produce this blog around some e-mails that I wrote over the past two summer seasons, sitting mostly alone 'on the mountain' in Vermont. The atmosphere up here is just conducive to have such conversations with the ones who are most always on my mind - my family, my closest friends. Even alone, one lives life, and the habit of sharing daily, mostly insignificant experiences and occurrences and random thoughts with the ones one loves becomes such a habit it will demand outlet when one is alone. Thus, the blessings of e-mail are real: no search for paper, no search for a working pen, no search for envelope or stamp - you know the tune. And no fixed spot to do the thing, such as a cluttered desk.
But now Laurie has set up this blog and curiosity tickles me. Having been nominated 'author', I must write and publish and experience the scope of this, for me newfangled 'social medium'. This gives new pressure and stress and that is just the thing one needs in this life . . .
Some five years ago, under the pressure from some of my family members, I got into blogging. That was down in our home in North Carolina. It turned out that the place was not very supportive of creative thought, so, after the first posting, I lost interest and the spot lay dormant for five years. Nevertheless, it had received a surprising number of page views from around the globe. There must be people with a lot of spare time at their hands to search blogs at random like this.
So, to return to these 'signs of life', here they are. I'm a shy little boy when it comes to publishing, even though I remember dreaming to become a famous writer with grand book signing sessions in the most glamorous international trading places and living a life of continuous fruitful thinking and writing.
We'll see soon enough where this latest and newest mode will lead to.
No comments:
Post a Comment