Did laundry today and hung it out on the line! That was after a weekend
breakfast, consisting of two eggs sunny side up, two slices of ham, a
fist full of turkey breast, and a tomato, this one though got forgotten
before it reached the pan:-). That was followed by half a slice of
toasted Naan with apelsiini moosi and all that was chased by two cups of
coffee. 't was a good start. For entertainment I read Sherlock Holmes'
Adventures.
I then thought I do some minor but necessary repairs to the kayak and load it up and drive over to the coast. The repairs got interrupted by a visit from a member of the volunteer fire department doing their annual fund drive. Since we had missed them these last few years and gotten their tell-tale 'don't help those guys' stickers on our mail box, it took a little longer that it should have just to write a check. At least I think the guy can go back to the garage and tell them that he thinks the guy in the Riverbend behind all those bushes so you can't see the house until you get up the drive way - oh yeah, I've seen that place. Always wondered who's liv'n there. - is at least partially human.
So back to the kayak I went and there comes Randy. That was a nice surprise. He built a bigger car port and bought a new(used four door) truck and sold his old (two door) truck and his wife's Miata and real estate is looking up, but just a little. He converted his gas log fire place, which really used to be a real fire place, back to a real one and bought himself a cord of split wood, all for the ambiance. his mother-in-law who lives next door keeps asking him "has the Pope been elected yet?" referring to the fact that she has not seen smoke come out of his chimney yet. It's too hot, still, to even make a fire just for ambiance. If he had known about the pile we got sitting there, he would have been interested in some of it. But now - he's got enough. He wants me to come to his church. Says 'I'll even sit with you. How sweet!
So back to the kayak I went and got to the point where the sail was up and catching wind and there comes Bernice who wanted to know what I was doing. He himself was working on his grandson's dogs run and I guess he got tired of it after a while. My wash was fluttering in the breeze and I was not around so - gotta see what's going on. We chatted and he is a pure hi way man and the thought of going down to the high seas make him shudder. We chatted about the lave of water and other such incisive themes and a gust of wind came and blew the kayak with the sail over. May that have been the one time any sail boat must have been blown over!
All in all, it was a wonderful day. By the time I had the kayak down-rigged it was way after four and I was getting hungry so I came in and found out that you (Kaa) are at work till nine and there was no chance for me at all to just send a text and come and stick my feet under the table after a few beverages with Steve ;-) And not only was it way too late to surprise you, Iivo, because the drive to you is so much longer and, besides that, you are busy walking the old cobble stones of Williamsburg tonight. I hope you're having a wonderfully restorative break from the old routines!
I just ate my last portion of shrimp jambalaya and tomorrow I will cook the wild rice with the well aged pork from last weekend and I will have another four or six portions I the fridge for the dinners to come.
I think the bank business is fixed, but the phone business is still pending. Once that is behind me, I'll cast off the lines and head 'back down to the sea again'.
Love to all of you, Isa
I then thought I do some minor but necessary repairs to the kayak and load it up and drive over to the coast. The repairs got interrupted by a visit from a member of the volunteer fire department doing their annual fund drive. Since we had missed them these last few years and gotten their tell-tale 'don't help those guys' stickers on our mail box, it took a little longer that it should have just to write a check. At least I think the guy can go back to the garage and tell them that he thinks the guy in the Riverbend behind all those bushes so you can't see the house until you get up the drive way - oh yeah, I've seen that place. Always wondered who's liv'n there. - is at least partially human.
So back to the kayak I went and there comes Randy. That was a nice surprise. He built a bigger car port and bought a new(used four door) truck and sold his old (two door) truck and his wife's Miata and real estate is looking up, but just a little. He converted his gas log fire place, which really used to be a real fire place, back to a real one and bought himself a cord of split wood, all for the ambiance. his mother-in-law who lives next door keeps asking him "has the Pope been elected yet?" referring to the fact that she has not seen smoke come out of his chimney yet. It's too hot, still, to even make a fire just for ambiance. If he had known about the pile we got sitting there, he would have been interested in some of it. But now - he's got enough. He wants me to come to his church. Says 'I'll even sit with you. How sweet!
So back to the kayak I went and got to the point where the sail was up and catching wind and there comes Bernice who wanted to know what I was doing. He himself was working on his grandson's dogs run and I guess he got tired of it after a while. My wash was fluttering in the breeze and I was not around so - gotta see what's going on. We chatted and he is a pure hi way man and the thought of going down to the high seas make him shudder. We chatted about the lave of water and other such incisive themes and a gust of wind came and blew the kayak with the sail over. May that have been the one time any sail boat must have been blown over!
All in all, it was a wonderful day. By the time I had the kayak down-rigged it was way after four and I was getting hungry so I came in and found out that you (Kaa) are at work till nine and there was no chance for me at all to just send a text and come and stick my feet under the table after a few beverages with Steve ;-) And not only was it way too late to surprise you, Iivo, because the drive to you is so much longer and, besides that, you are busy walking the old cobble stones of Williamsburg tonight. I hope you're having a wonderfully restorative break from the old routines!
I just ate my last portion of shrimp jambalaya and tomorrow I will cook the wild rice with the well aged pork from last weekend and I will have another four or six portions I the fridge for the dinners to come.
I think the bank business is fixed, but the phone business is still pending. Once that is behind me, I'll cast off the lines and head 'back down to the sea again'.
Love to all of you, Isa
No comments:
Post a Comment