I
picked this up from BBC news. This stuff makes me so mad I could become
a real active activist. Any ideas how we can join the fight
effectively? I really like the last paragraph quoted here; as long as we
have an Executive Branch of government that is forceful enough to
instruct the Judiciary, we really have nothing to fear. Who pays this
guy? Obviously it's not the people; they are only paying the bills. Read
what BBC says.
The 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals ruled 2 to 1 that the Defense of Marriage Act (Doma) is unconstitutional.
The act denies legally married gay couples federal benefits including the ability to file joint tax returns.
A Boston court unanimously ruled against Doma in May. The Supreme Court is expected to consider it next year.
Only it can issue final rulings on whether laws passed by the US Congress are constitutional or not.
In
2011, President Barack Obama instructed the Department of Justice not
to defend the law, and earlier this year he announced that he supported
the right of gays to marry.
No comments:
Post a Comment