Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Dear Opa,
I was wondering if you could send me the recipe for Miss Ellen's muffins that you were telling me about. You can send it on email or mail it to me, whichever is more convenient for you.
Thanks and see you soon!
Love, Olivia
**********************************************************************************
Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Dear Olivia,
Here I was just sitting at the table, looking at that recipe and thinking I could really make a batch and then bake me a couple of those muffins in the morning for breakfast. And then my bleep'n bleeper bleeped and your e-mail had arrived requesting the recipe. What luxury, to have fresh muffins to wake up by. The ones you made early is week really hit the spot!
Here is Ms. Ellen's recipe:
3 cups 100% all bran
1 cup boiling water
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cups Crisco oil
2 eggs (beaten)
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 tsp salt
2-1/2 tsp baking soda
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
Combine 2 cups cereal and 1 cup boiling water. Let stand to cool.
Cream sugar, shortening, add eggs and beat well
Stir in buttermilk, salt and baking soda
Fold in flour, 1 cup all bran and cooled mixture of all bran and water
The batter keeps up to 6 weeks in the refrigerator
Spoon batter into greased muffin tins
Bake @ 400 deg. for 15 minutes
I think I might make me a batch when I get back from the fish fest in Sneads Ferry this weekend.
See you tomorrow, and y'all have a safe trip! Opa
Dear Opa,
I was wondering if you could send me the recipe for Miss Ellen's muffins that you were telling me about. You can send it on email or mail it to me, whichever is more convenient for you.
Thanks and see you soon!
Love, Olivia
**********************************************************************************
Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Dear Olivia,
Here I was just sitting at the table, looking at that recipe and thinking I could really make a batch and then bake me a couple of those muffins in the morning for breakfast. And then my bleep'n bleeper bleeped and your e-mail had arrived requesting the recipe. What luxury, to have fresh muffins to wake up by. The ones you made early is week really hit the spot!
Here is Ms. Ellen's recipe:
3 cups 100% all bran
1 cup boiling water
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cups Crisco oil
2 eggs (beaten)
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 tsp salt
2-1/2 tsp baking soda
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
Combine 2 cups cereal and 1 cup boiling water. Let stand to cool.
Cream sugar, shortening, add eggs and beat well
Stir in buttermilk, salt and baking soda
Fold in flour, 1 cup all bran and cooled mixture of all bran and water
The batter keeps up to 6 weeks in the refrigerator
Spoon batter into greased muffin tins
Bake @ 400 deg. for 15 minutes
I think I might make me a batch when I get back from the fish fest in Sneads Ferry this weekend.
See you tomorrow, and y'all have a safe trip! Opa
No comments:
Post a Comment