Sunday, July 12, 2015

A Flock of Turkeys Down on the Pasture


I am watching a flock of turkeys down on the pasture. I wish for a camera to furnish a picture. They are great, big, fat toms, all of them. I imagine them to be half-brothers from this past season. They were ousted by their progenitor who wants to keep control over his flock, which, on last sighting, counted twenty-one members. I could easily pick one of them out from where I am sitting. But then what? What trouble! And I being saddled with some 15 pounds of fresh turkey growing old in the freezer. 

They are there on the edge of the grass area. Look up from the bird box on the tight, just a tad to the left.😂 

I can't wait for the next season. Those boys are going to be no push-overs for the old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment