New the rest of the story: Dr. Mensh, 'der Unmensch,' contradicted Dr. Tarnas on all points and I am back on medication and back off all enjoyable beverages. This is supposed to continue until mid-October, when there will be another blood test with the possibility of release at the time when the test results are analyzed. At this point, Dr. Mensh estimates that some 70% of the healing process is behind us. So, there.
After the visit and the doctor's office I went shopping for supplies and received a phone call from the DePalos with an invitation to coffee and cake. Bless AT&T for making this communication possible! I arrived at my hosts' appointed hour and we had a nice chat again over home-baked caked and cookies and then I went home and took my revenge on Mensh: I had a can of sardines and two glasses (160 ml) of white wine, and now I go back to being a good boy on dry land.
Dr. Mensh's orders are caused by pure selfishness: he does not want to see me again. In a way, I can understand that and somewhat share his position. He is a great guy, and I would wish to count him among the friends of my family, but if seeing him means having sprung another leak, I'd rather not maintain an active acquaintance with him.
Speaking of leaks, he is a sailor, too. There are pictures in his office that tell me that, even though his professional attitude does not allow stray-talk into person territory such as what he is doing during his spare time. Oh well; being a sailor is enough to make him a good guy.
Good night, all! It is supposed to be a wonderful day again tomorrow, and until then, we all will have a wonderful night.
Love, Opa
After the visit and the doctor's office I went shopping for supplies and received a phone call from the DePalos with an invitation to coffee and cake. Bless AT&T for making this communication possible! I arrived at my hosts' appointed hour and we had a nice chat again over home-baked caked and cookies and then I went home and took my revenge on Mensh: I had a can of sardines and two glasses (160 ml) of white wine, and now I go back to being a good boy on dry land.
Dr. Mensh's orders are caused by pure selfishness: he does not want to see me again. In a way, I can understand that and somewhat share his position. He is a great guy, and I would wish to count him among the friends of my family, but if seeing him means having sprung another leak, I'd rather not maintain an active acquaintance with him.
Speaking of leaks, he is a sailor, too. There are pictures in his office that tell me that, even though his professional attitude does not allow stray-talk into person territory such as what he is doing during his spare time. Oh well; being a sailor is enough to make him a good guy.
Good night, all! It is supposed to be a wonderful day again tomorrow, and until then, we all will have a wonderful night.
Love, Opa
No comments:
Post a Comment